We offer traditional skates and inlines to rent, or bring in your own and take a spin around our beautiful maple floor. For the toddlers we offer great skate rentals that have training wheels. With the beat of your favorite music blaring, share an afternoon or evening with your friends and family. Great exercise! Great fun! Beat the outside cold or heat! Come on skating!!
Roller Skating Health Benefits
Not only is roller skating a fun activity, but it is also a great workout. There have been numerous studies that show the health benefits of roller skating.
EXERCISE BENEFITS OF ROLLER SKATING
• Studies have shown that roller skating provides a complete aerobic workout and
involves all of the body’s muscles, especially the heart.
• Roller skating is equivalent to jogging in terms of health benefits and caloric
consumption, reduction of body fat, and leg strength development.
• Roller skating is recognized and recommended by the American Heart Association
(AHA) as an aerobic fitness sport.
• Just one hour of moderate roller skating burns 330 calories for a 143-pound
person. If that same person roller skates vigorously, he or she will burn up to 590
calories in an hour.
• The number of calories burned per hour while skating at 6 mph is 350 and 600 while
skating at 10 mph.
• According to a study conducted at the University of Massachusetts, in-line skating
causes less than 50 percent of the impact shock to joints compared to running.
• If someone roller skates one day, bicycles another, and swims or runs on another,
the person will be getting all the fitness benefits that aerobics can offer.
• According to Dr. Carl Foster, associate professor of medicine at the University of
Wisconsin Medical School, in-line skating as a form of exercise is as beneficial as
running or cycling. (Information from International Inline Skating Association website)
• During a 30-minute period, on the average, in-line skating at a steady, comfortable
rate expends 285 calories and produces a heart rate of 148 beats per minute.
(Information from International Inline Skating Association website)
Check out our video on the basics of skate maintenance